Planning Your Wedding - a Checklist!
12-18 Months Before the Wedding:
- Set a Budget: Determine how much you’re willing to spend on the wedding.
- Create a Guest List: Decide on the number of guests you want to invite.
- Choose a Wedding Date and Time: Consider the season, weather, and availability of your preferred venue.
- Select and Book the Venue: Research and book the ceremony and reception venues.
- Hire a Wedding Planner: If you’re using one, hire them early to assist with the planning process.
- Research and Book Vendors:
- Baker (for the cake)
- Start Shopping for Wedding Attire: Begin looking for your wedding dress and accessories, as well as attire for the bridal party.
- Research and Book Accommodations: Arrange for accommodations for out-of-town guests if necessary.
- Create a Wedding Website: Include important information about the wedding for your guests.
- Send Save-the-Dates: Especially if you have guests traveling from out of town.
6-12 Months Before the Wedding:
- Choose and Order Invitations: Include RSVP cards and other necessary information.
- Plan the Ceremony: Work on the order of events, vows, and any special rituals.
- Book Transportation: Arrange transportation for the wedding party and guests if needed.
- Plan the Honeymoon: Research destinations and book flights and accommodations.
- Order Wedding Rings: Allow time for sizing and engraving.
- Finalize Catering Menu: Confirm menu options and catering details with the caterer.
- Arrange for Wedding Day Attendants: Ushers, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, etc.
- Schedule Dress Fittings: Plan for multiple fittings and alterations.
- Register for Gifts: Create a gift registry at stores of your choice.
- Plan Rehearsal Dinner: Coordinate with the venue and send invitations.
3-6 Months Before the Wedding:
- Finalize Guest List: Send out formal invitations with RSVP instructions.
- Choose and Order Wedding Cake: Discuss the design and flavors with the baker.
- Plan the Reception: Create a seating chart, choose table decorations, and plan the entertainment.
- Purchase Wedding Accessories: Veil, shoes, jewelry, etc.
- Organize Marriage License: Check the requirements in your jurisdiction and obtain the license.
- Plan Hair and Makeup: Schedule trials for hair and makeup services.
- Write Vows: If you’re writing your own, start drafting them.
- Purchase Gifts for Attendants: Bridesmaids, groomsmen, and other members of the bridal party.
- Confirm Details with Vendors: Ensure everyone is on the same page regarding timelines and requirements.
1-3 Months Before the Wedding:
- Follow Up on RSVPs: Contact guests who haven’t responded.
- Finalize Seating Arrangements: Provide the venue with the final guest count and seating chart.
- Confirm Details with All Vendors: Provide final timelines and any changes.
- Schedule Final Dress Fitting: Ensure the dress fits perfectly.
- Create a Wedding Day Timeline: Detailing the schedule for the day.
- Plan Rehearsal Dinner: Confirm reservations, menu, and guest list.
- Pick Up Wedding Rings: Ensure they fit correctly.
- Pack for the Honeymoon: Make a list and pack in advance.
- Prepare Tips and Final Payments: Prepare envelopes for vendors and assign someone to distribute them.
1 Week Before the Wedding:
- Confirm with All Vendors: Ensure everyone is on track and has the necessary details.
- Provide Final Headcount to Caterer: Including any dietary restrictions.
- Delegate Responsibilities: Assign tasks to reliable friends or family members.
- Pick Up the Marriage License: Ensure it’s ready for the ceremony.
- Pack an Emergency Kit: Including essentials like a sewing kit, first aid, and snacks.
- Confirm Wedding Day Transportation: If you’ve arranged for transportation for the bridal party or guests.
- Reconfirm Honeymoon Details: Flights, accommodations, and any activities planned.
- Practice Self-Care: Get enough sleep, eat well, and manage stress.
On the Wedding Day:
- Get Hair and Makeup Done: Allow ample time for this process.
- Stay Hydrated and Eat: Have light, nutritious snacks throughout the day.
- Relax and Enjoy: Trust your planning and enjoy your special day!
Remember, wedding planning can be overwhelming, so don’t hesitate to ask for help from friends, family, or professionals if needed. Good luck with your wedding planning!